How do you begin juicing? Unless you have serious health problems or are obese, a 60 day juice fast probably isn’t the right way to begin juice. Let’s assume you’re like me, a regular person who wasn’t getting enough vegetables in your diet.
1. Buy a Juicer.
We have several different posts about buying a juicer. I personally use an Omega J8006 because it’s the best juicer for kale, and I juice a lot of kale. If you’re a single guy or girl, a Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer might be the way to start off juicing. If you have a larger family, a Breville Juice Fountain Plus might be the way to go.
When buying a juicer, keep one thing in mind: Pay now or pay later.
- Your health is your best source of wealth. Whatever you spend on a juicer will more than pay for itself on medical bills you’ll incur down the line. You’ll also be more productive at your job. Juicing will make you healthier, wealthier, and wiser. I guarantee it.
- Buying a pricier juicer like an Omega juicer will save you money in the long run, as an Omega juicer extracts the most juice and nutrients from the produce you buy.
Studies show that watching television is fatal. If you have a big screen television, can you really not afford to buy a better juicer?
Like our Facebook Page to receive a notification when new post has been published, and for lots of other cool stuff.
2. Find some Juice Recipes.
I have posted close to 100 juice recipes. Check out the Juice Recipe page. Click on a post and go from there.
- These Simple Juice Recipes are great for the beginning juicer. Everyone loves a carrot-apple-ginger juice.
- The Real V8 Juice is our most popular recipe, probably because it’s so versatile. Add or subtract whatever you want in order to make it just right.
- The Hulk Juice is my go-to green juice. Although it uses a lot of kale, the acidity of the lemon and sweetness of the apple balance out the bitterness of the kale.
- Don’t forget: You can add spices to your juice.
3. Go easy on the greens.
Some of our recipes use a lot of greens. We have been juicing for a long time, however, and don’t need apples or pears to sweeten the juices.
The beginner juicer may find greens-heavy juices to be too bitter and have a bad taste in his mouth about juicing.
If a juice tastes too “green,” add another apple or pear to sweeten it.
4. Flow like water (or juice).
Juicing will change your body. You will crave fewer sweets. You won’t be as hungry. Many people stop drinking coffee.
I started off my juicing journey by making a carrot-apple-giner juice. I couldn’t drink that same juice today, as it would be far too sweet.
Once you’ve been juicing for a few weeks, chances are your tastes will have changed, too. Go with the flow. Experiment in the kitchen. Start juicing with really intense greens like cabbage and collard greens.
Just be chill in the beginning. There’s no reason to view juicing as some religion. Juicing, like exercising, is simply another step you are taking to improve your health, longevity, and quality of life.
Enjoy yourself and don’t stress out about it.