What Can I Do With the Juice Pulp?
Juicers work by extracting the juice from the pulp. I usually throw away the pulp. The pulp, however, has other uses.
Keoni Galt uses the pulp to feed his chickens. Keoni reports that his chickens lay much better looking and tasting eggs. The yolks are a deep orange and taste delicious, he notes.
If you don’t have chickens, you can make veggie burgers.
- Take pulp from carrots, kale, or other veggies.
- Dice onions and garlic. Saute in some olive oil or butter
- Puree 2 cans of black beats with one bunch of cilantro.
- Mix in a bowl with the pulp and one egg.
- Season, form into patties, and pan fry or bake.
If you liked this post, check out these juicing recipes.